What is Alert?
Alert is a service that allows you to:
- keep track of your applications and registered rights
- create automatic searches and keep track of what your competitors are doing
Why should you use the Alert service?
Do you want to be updated on what is happening in the near future?
If you are going to stay in the forefront of your field, it is essential that you obtain knowledge concerning new technology or what your competitors are trying to get patented or registered.
By getting the most current information possible concerning new developments in the field of patents, new designs or new trademarks, we offer you the chance to take action before it is too late.
1. Start with a search in the search service
2. From the hit list, you get the opportunity to set up an alert by clicking on «save search» (then you set up an alert on the entire search) or tick one or more specific cases and click «follow case».
What you can do?
- follow a particular case and be informed if
- the case is due for renewal (alert approximately 1 month before)
- the case is registered, rejected, withdrawn etc (change in status)
- a letter is received or sent in the case processing (journal)
- Be notified of future application filed by a specific company
- keep up to date in a particular technical field (receive information concerning new applications)
- identify possible threats to your own products as early as possible
- Discover completely new competitors
- find new partners, inventors, designers or investment opportunities
Follow competitors or subject area
- Set up a search in advanced search (the search service), for example, for a competing company you want to follow. Look at the results in the hit list, then click the "Save Search" button to create alert.
- You will receive an email alert every time the search finds new cases.
Alerts on changes regarding a case
- Mark the case (s) you want to monitor in the search service and click on the button "Alert case (s)". You will be alerted if the case changes status, if new correspondence is registered, and when there is approximately 1 month to renewal (payment).
- You get an overview of your saved cases by clicking on «show followed cases».
- You get an email every time a change occurs in your selected case(s).
Only applications and registrations in Norway are covered by this service. The service is free.